The mission of Burlington Cohousing East Village is to sustain our community strengths and to create and share better ways to live as neighbors – towards a way of living that welcomes diversity and fosters social connection, affordable living, environmental stewardship, and a smaller ecological footprint.
Contributing to this mission are the following values:
- We participate in the urban advantages of living in Burlington – cultural, pedestrian, biking, shared car trips, public transit.
- We support commitment, innovation and personal courage.
- We aim to make a positive difference in the lives of all.
- We encourage the development of leadership and group facilitation skills.
- We promote involvement with the larger community.
- We practice self-governance with a modified consensus decision-making process.
- We provide regular common meals which include food grown from our own lands.
- We gather frequently for mutual appreciation and celebrations.
- We are committed to non-violent communication and conflict resolution.